Friday, July 10, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

This is very long overdue considering his passing was more than two weeks ago but Rest in Peace M.J. I always knew he was an influential pop icon but I never appreciated him for his musical contributions. To be completely honest, I never empathized for this man when he was unjustly persecuted by the media. I simply didn't care for him when he was hounded by child molestation allegations. It makes me sad that I was completely apathetic towards a man who took music to a different plateau.

If there is anything that I learned from his death, it is to never judge and undermine a person based on their actions or just plain hearsay. I also learned to see the good in people instead of focusing on their mistakes or bad qualities.

I tip my hat off to you M.J. for being a strong individual. Your talent was a blessing but your ability to persevere through harsh trials and tribulations was a far greater blessing. You were broken inside but you remained a fighter.

With much love & respect. Now may you finally rest in heavenly peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment